Gates Timing Belt Kit for Freelander 1.8 with Manual Tensioner
Why use Gates?
Gates is the world's largest manufacturer of Timing Belts and Timing Component Kits at are equal to OE or better in service life & performance.
- Aramid reinforced nylon jackets and back side jackets for longer wear.
- High grade HNBR rubber for superior heat and contamination resistance.
- Premium high strength tensile members.
- Unlike some competitors, Gates does not substitute 'inferior' belt constructions for premium constructions specified by the OEM on any application.
"PowerGrip" Belt Features:
PowerGrip® GT®3 drives provide positive, trouble-free power transmission and offer many advantages over conventional chain, gear and other belt drives.
- Higher capacity
- Improved registration
- Reduced noise
- No lubrication required
- No stretching due to wear
- Corrosion resistance
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Clean operation
- Long trouble-free service
The tooth design substantially improves stress distribution and allows
extra high loading. The molded teeth enter and leave the sprocket grooves
smoothly with negligible friction—functioning in much the same way as
teeth on a gear.
Construction consists of these components:
- Fiberglass Tensile Member — Provides high strength, excellent flex life and high resistance to elongation.
- Neoprene® Backing — Strong Neoprene bonded to the tensile member for protection against grime, oil and moisture. It also protects from frictional wear if idlers are used on the back of the belt.
- Neoprene Teeth — Shear-resistant Neoprene compound is molded integrally with the Neoprene backing. They are precisely formed and accurately spaced to assure smooth meshing with the sprocket grooves.
- Nylon Facing — Tough nylon fabric with a low coefficient of friction covers the wearing surfaces of the belt. It protects the tooth surfaces and provides a durable wearing surface for long service.
There are no reviews for this product.